Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Post

I am a cyclist. I am a triathlete. It's not a contradiction but a choice.

I don't get paid for my passion, I don't spend 30+ hours per week on the road, or the trail, or the pool. I get by on (hopefully) 10 hours of training per week, sandwiched between family, friends and work. Who knows where my efforts will take me; though grounded by midwestern roots I can't help but dream of France, Belgium, Kona. I do know the satisfaction of finding and exceeding limits, the cameraderie only shared by the suffering, and the inexplicable, neverending pursuit of the horizon.

Though you may not be aware, many of you deserve credit for encouraging/teaching me in my endeavors. I hope here to contribute in some small measure to our collective knowledge. These pages will collect training plans, results, race reports, product reviews, resources, and other (relevant?) thoughts on the sport(s) we love.

Here's to the pursuit...

No comments:

Post a Comment